Nagykanizsa

Is anyone living in Nagykanizsa?

Nagykanizsa, known colloquially as Kanizsa, is a medium-sized city in Zala County in southwestern Hungary. It is a city with county rights. It lies not far from Lake Balaton at the meeting point of five routes. For centuries the town has been a connecting link.

I know some people on the forum do visit the area (Lake Balaton), so if you have any questions I am sure they will be able to answer them for you, I'm not aware of anyone living there though.

Is anyone living in Nagykanizsa?        -@angelarobbins

Maybe you should say something about why you want to live there?

Budapest and surrounding villages/towns is really where it all goes on and the majority of foreigners live. 

As SimCityAT says, Balaton is a busy place in the summer and I remember there were a one or two American people posting here and discussing activities around Lake Balaton.

We are looking for different options where to retire in Hungary. The prices around Budapest are very high.

We are looking for different options where to retire in Hungary. The prices around Budapest are very high.        -@angelarobbins

Yes, they are high.  I read prices doubled in the past couple of years.   

You could look slightly further out from Budapest like Biatorbagy. Telki, Paty, Solymar or Szentendre.   Prices drop off a fair bit from where I live in Budakeszi.  Younger couples used to move out to those places because they want a garden for their kids. 

What are your Hungarian languages skills like?

@fluffy2560

i speak hungarian

@fluffy2560i speak hungarian         -@angelarobbins

Great! 

-

But you should read the ongoing tax thread started by Marilyn. 

-

Forthcoming changes may eliminate any thoughts of Hungary as a retirement destination.

-

It's not looking good for US citizens living in or looking to be in Hungary and in receipt of income from the USA.

FACTA is a form to report assets. It wont touch your income you reported       

@angelarobbins

yes we have a place there and love it

its a lovely village

not many english but we get by

Thank you ❤️

@angelarobbins
yes we have a place there and love it
its a lovely village
not many english but we get by

-@Ewa Kasyan

@angelarobbins