Expat social gatherings

Are there any regular social gatherings at pubs/bars for expats in Budapest.

Why special, Budapest would be good for expats in center where they would be. Many speak English, trusting people is a different matter, but I have to say I would be suspicious in a dedicated gathering, make your own contacts, many, many good people in Hungary and in Budapest as a plus many speak English.

Special? just looking for places that expats frequent,

Special? just looking for places that expats frequent,

-@dpjdunn

I don't do that sort of thing but it used to be quite good at some of the sports bars when a big event was on - like football or maybe rugby. 

Irish pubs were quite fun in the early years.

They used to have really strange Superbowl parties at the American School but it was hard to get invited. 

There are flyers about groups and language clubs all around Budapest.

Also there is a site:

meetup.com

There are also hundreds of gr4oups with regular gatherings in various interests, many held specialy in Eng/ Ger and sometimes in other languages.

But even when language is not listed certain areas of interest, like IT/ cybersecurity/ robotics mostly all speaks at least in Eng.

Why special, Budapest would be good for expats in center where they would be. Many speak English, trusting people is a different matter, but I have to say I would be suspicious in a dedicated gathering, make your own contacts, many, many good people in Hungary and in Budapest as a plus many speak English.

-@cdw057

There is a group that meets up every week in Sopron and the language spoken is English.