Internal Flights

Hi all,

Am having issues buying internal flights from Praia to Sal on the Bestfly site. I choose the flight, enter all passenger details, click “proceed to payment” and then get an error message every time. I don't even have a chance to enter my bank card details. I've tried several different devices and browsers. The same thing happens every time.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

When I was living in CV last year I think I had the same issue with flights from Mindelo to Praia. I couldn't buy them for ages until I realized what the problem was at the last minute. I was then able to buy the tickets. I can't remember what it was though! Maybe some specific way you need to fill in the form?

Hi all,
Am having issues buying internal flights from Praia to Sal on the Bestfly site. I choose the flight, enter all passenger details, click “proceed to payment” and then get an error message every time. I don't even have a chance to enter my bank card details. I've tried several different devices and browsers. The same thing happens every time.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

When I was living in CV last year I think I had the same issue with flights from Mindelo to Praia. I couldn't buy them for ages until I realized what the problem was at the last minute. I was then able to buy the tickets. I can't remember what it was though! Maybe some specific way you need to fill in the form?
-@EddyV

If you get an error message each time, please state what it is so that we can tell you how to correct it. Without this information, it's not possible to help you except by guessing.

Cheers,

Angelo

Hi Angelo, here is the message that comes up on the error page:

Erro! Ocorreu um erro ao obter o localizador de reservas

Hi Angelo, here is the message that comes up on the error page:
Erro! Ocorreu um erro ao obter o localizador de reservas
-@EddyV

Hi Eddy,

The site works for me consistently each time. Are you using your computer or your phone? And why are you not setting the language to English?

This error message seems to indicate that you are doing something wrong when selecting your flights and reserving/booking them. It even sounds like you are trying to access a previously made reservation but you don't have the correct locator code for the reservation. Are you searching for flights starting from the home page? At what point are you getting this message? What is the button you pressed just before the error message comes up? Buy/Comprar?

Did you pre-register as a user on the site (with an email address and password) before attempting to purchase?

IF you try booking just the oneway outgoing flight, do you still get this error? You can book the return flight separately.

If all else fails, take a video of your screen or screenshots (e.g., with your phone) and email it to me or send via Whatsapp. I need to see what you are doing.

Regards,

Angelo

Hi Angelo,

yes, am doing everything as usual. Searching from home page, getting message after entering all passenger details but before entering bank card details. Button was something like “proceed to payment”. Pressed it and got the error message every time.

Yes, I registered as a user and yes, I was only trying to buy a one way ticket. I have tried from different computers and phones and different browsers. I've tried with English and Portugese language. Same thing every time. It's really strange.

Hi Angelo,
yes, am doing everything as usual. Searching from home page, getting message after entering all passenger details but before entering bank card details. Button was something like “proceed to payment”. Pressed it and got the error message every time.

Yes, I registered as a user and yes, I was only trying to buy a one way ticket. I have tried from different computers and phones and different browsers. I've tried with English and Portugese language. Same thing every time. It's really strange.
-@EddyV

Vídeo tape what you're doing and email the video to me.

Angelo

Did you solve the issue? I have the same issue..Please help me!!

@EddyV did you remember now what was the issue? I have the same problem :(

Did you solve the issue? I have the same issue..Please help me!!        -@Giacomo Moroni

Hi Giacomo,

I cannot solve this issue for you unless you videotape what you are doing so I can see what you are doing and what is the error message that comes up.

Use your phone to make a video of your actions and send me a private message. I will give you info so that you can email it to me. I can't help if I cannot see what you're doing. I do not get any error when I use the BestFly site.

Regards,

Angelo

@CVAngelo Don't you  have the video from the person that could not book the flight before? Otherwise you please send a video of you doing the steps?

@CVAngelo Don't you  have the video from the person that could not book the flight before? Otherwise you please send a video of you doing the steps?

-@Giacomo Moroni

No, it was never sent.

@CVAngelo ok, can you make the video of the steps you make?

@CVAngelo ok, can you make the video of the steps you make?

-@Giacomo Moroni

Unfortunately, that's not going to help you since it works for me. On the contrary, I need YOU to make a video so I can see what is going wrong at which point for you. I also need to see what browser you are using!  Just record a video and let me see it.

Angelo

But if I make the same steps as you it should work right?

Making a reservation works well for me. Until I get to the payment. I enter my card details, and after a few seconds I get the message 

Additional authentication is needed for this transaction. Your card issuer may contact you for authentication.

Then, nothing happens until I get ERRO.

@petersjantje

I contacted several local travel agencies. Green Line Tours in Mindelo was the first and only one to respond. Even they had some difficulties when booking, but I finally got my ticket. It cost me 35 euros extra, I see that as support to the local economy :)