Using an agent for retirement Visa

I been watching videos and reading a lot about using an agent to get an AO retirement visa. It's expensive but it looks like they circumvent the need to put a large sum of money in a Thai bank. Also, they do all the leg work.

Are they legal and is the VISA ok?

I don't think you can bypass the deposit.

call Bahn Thai Immigration Services. Great attorneys. Very helpful. They are in Bangkok.

The guys I have been dealing with say all I need to do is open a bank account with ฿4000 in it.

That's amazing. Good luck with that.

I been watching videos and reading a lot about using an agent to get an AO retirement visa. It's expensive but it looks like they circumvent the need to put a large sum of money in a Thai bank. Also, they do all the leg work.
Are they legal and is the VISA ok?
-@wozzlegummich

You can only apply for the O-A visa at an Embassy or consulate in your home country. Maybe you're confusing the O visa with the O-A. When applying for the O-A visa you must have the equivalent to 800,000 baht in a bank account back home. When going for the 90 days Non-immigrant O visa,and then extending the stay annually, you must have 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account. 800,000 baht isn't actually that much money,and you're not spending the money. When in Thailand you're on a Permission of Stay, not a visa.

The guys I have been dealing with say all I need to do is open a bank account with ฿4000 in it.
-@wozzlegummich

What good will ฿4000 do? If you're retired after been working a lifetime, shouldn't you have some money saved? You do understand that when going  for an agent because of having no money, you have to do the same next year if your financial situation hasn't approved?

I don't think you can bypass the deposit.
call Bahn Thai Immigration Services. Great attorneys. Very helpful. They are in Bangkok.
-@Doug19

I don't think any immigration service or agency have any licensed attorneys. 

you can not change or circumvent the rules .. it is against the law for the agent and you ... they set the rules and you should obey them ... 800,000 baht season 3 months is the rule as they don't want dead beat retirees on the national health care system ... they have been there and done that and know better than to a allow ... get with the program ... the paper work 14 pages last done a month ago are not that hard to do ... bank statements , passport photos every things signed in Blue ink , fee and photos ... any one can do it ... come here get the airport 30 day and then get a place to  live as you need a residence ... and then apply at the local office ... 2-3 hours later you will get you extended visa stamp in your passport ... use Bangkok bank as they are the best to deal with foreigners ... good luck ..

you can not change or circumvent the rules .. it is against the law for the agent and you ... they set the rules and you should obey them ... 800,000 baht season 3 months is the rule as they don't want dead beat retirees on the national health care system ... they have been there and done that and know better than to a allow ... get with the program ... the paper work 14 pages last done a month ago are not that hard to do ... bank statements , passport photos every things signed in Blue ink , fee and photos ... any one can do it ... come here get the airport 30 day and then get a place to live as you need a residence ... and then apply at the local office ... 2-3 hours later you will get you extended visa stamp in your passport ... use Bangkok bank as they are the best to deal with foreigners ... good luck ..
-@LAZARUSDAL

You're not correct. It's not against the law using a visa agent. If you don't know this, then you haven't been around long. But, you have to pay for it. And,the 800k needs to be in a Thai bank account 2 months prior to the day of application, not 3 months.