Application for F card (orange card almost expired)

Dear all,

I have a huge problem and I thought maybe someone here can help me.

I first came to Belgium as a student but then got married from a Belgian and now I'm in the process of obtaining an F card since August 2022. I recently started a new job on basis that I can work with an orange card with family reunification in process, but now I have only one week in my orange card and no news from the F card yet.

Problem is, I will lose my job if I nothing happens soon. I went twice to the immigration office in Antwerp but they tell me to be patient and blah blah. They really don't wanna help. I'm almost losing my job and no one there is helping me. What should I do? Should I call the police? Or go make a scene and shout at them? I know it might not be the best idea but I really don't know what to do.

Any advice appreciated.

Edit: I understand they can either extend my orange card or give me an F card, but they don't wanna do neither and just asking to wait.

@Max7710 Hello. Logically, seeing 6 months timeline, you must have your F card by now. As its not the case, they might be investigating more. But they are obliged to extend your orange card(for another 6 months) if there is no answer for F card yet. You cannot be left without anything until you receive an answer. May be ask your partner to contact the immigration office and ask. Police cannot do anything in this regard. If someone who can resolve this all, its only immigration office and not even your commune.

@ABS25 Deurne immigration office just doesn't answer calls. We tried to call many many times and wait dozens of minutes but no one picks up. That's why I went there by myself and they promised to give an appointment via email but I received nothing. Now I'm not sure whether I should go again to tell them I received nothing? I mean, you can't beg people to do their job right?

What would be the legal action in that case?

Man, don't panic. Belgians love to keep the suspense.

Forget about Orange Card, what is the date on your Annex/Bijlage 19Ter? It has to be more than 6 month day to day to receive the F card. Most likely the Brussels immigration office has already made a decision but your Gemeente is too lazy to call them. In the last 2-3 days of your Bijlage 19Ter go and ask for Bijlage 15 which is A4 paper (you need a picture) a temporary residence paper for 45 days. That would be enough for your employer for next 45 days. In the mean time after the 6 months period have passed and no refusal from the initial Bijlage 19Ter you have the right to apply for F card which will take another 2 weeks to receive the PUK/PIN and then to go back and collect it.

@Max7710 No legal action required. As me and the other guy said, if the 6 month period has passed, you must receive your F card. No decision is a yes decision. If by any logic, they do not issue you F card, they must give you some piece of identity i.e annexe 15 or orange card. If they have not sent you an invitation via email, just send a reminder email or visit them again.

Thank you all. We were there yesterday for the third time and they finally gave us an appointment which is on the last day of my orange card. But hopefully I receive the F card by then.

If I may ask another question, I have been living in Belgium now for about 3 years 6 months (as a student) and then changed my A card to F card. How long would I need to wait to apply for nationality? And is it true that starting family reunification procedure would cancel my 3.5 years as an A card holder?

Hopefully I don't have to wait another 5 years :D

@Max7710 You need to complete 5 years of legal and uninterrupted residence before asking for nationality. No, years spent with A card does not cancel. They are taken into account for calculation of 5 years. But do remember, F card is a conditional residence card. If you change your official address or divorce after getting F card and within 3 years of joint household or date of marriage, immigration office may cancel your residence permit.

@ABS25 So in year and a half I could ask for nationality?

@Max7710 Yes you can ask immediately after 1.5 years from now or on next day of completion of 5 years, provided at that time, you still hold F card or another type of unlimited residence card.

@ABS25 That's good to know. Thank you for the answers.

Cheers!

I need some help form anyone know about it i live with my step mother she is belg and i live with her 5 years and i will work 3 years with full deceleration with orange card of six months but every six months after refusing my orange card 4 times this happening my stepmother is old she take pension 1,475€ per month so who can help me here please

Hi i live in belgium with my stepmother 5 years and i will work here with full declaration contract forever but there is a problem my orange card refused every six months later behind my stepmother is old and take pension per month 1,475€ already i will work here 3 years 2000€ per month so how can i get my f card anyone know this situation please resolve my problem 😊 thanks

Hi i live in belgium with my stepmother 5 years and i will work here with full declaration contract forever but there is a problem my orange card refused every six months later behind my stepmother is old and take pension per month 1,475€ already i will work here 3 years 2000€ per month so how can i get my f card anyone know this situation please resolve my problem 😊 thanks
-@Sohaib Hussan

I may not be clear enough to your situation.

You are living with your stepmom. So, which residence permit are you having? Don't tell me that you are having an orange card for 5 years 🤔

Have you ever asked your commune about your situation and expectation?

Sir my first orange card issue in 2019 for six months and after this pirod orange card refused and again other for six months again and again refused after six months 4 times refused

Hye my and my baby orange card have been expired. But we not received any letter of positive or negative decision from commune what can I do??

@amalramzan84 contact commune immediately and ask for Annex 15 to keep your residence continuous and legal.